Friday, February 19, 2010

I think it's safe to say, I'm a wheel hooker

Never would of thought I'd start a collection of wheels. About 2 years ago, for a measly $100, I picked up 4 16x7 white Ronal R9s



I never really did much with them, and once briefly ran one in the rear when an OEM rim bent in a retarded happening. For what it's worth, running a 7" wheel on the back of a Starion widebody, looks really funny. Think of those cartoon like southern belle's, with the wide hipped dresses, and tiny little legs. Looks about the same. Anywho, about a year or so ago, I ran across ANOTHER 4 more Ronal R9s, this time 2 were 16x8 and 2 were 16x9. One of the 16x8 had a bent lip, but I went with it for $200. Hey, you can't pass up opportunities on finding hard to come by rims!



Then, by pure luck, I found the set of rims that years ago I tried to get. Back in 2006, I saw a set of ROH Snypers on a Palermo Grey Starion. It looked clean and yet stately aggressive. At the time when the member sold the rims, well, I essentially missed out for not seeing them for sale. The other day I was up visiting the mechanic shop that rents from my boss ( who for what it's worth, is the only person I'll have faith on ever doing anything on the Starion without me being present that doesn't own one or has owned one ), when we were talking about the 92 Cobra sitting outside with 04 SVT rims. I had asked him why he had a random white clip in his shop and he says " c'mon, I'll show you." We go into the building next door and I see a wrecked 92 Cobra, in addition to just a stripped down rolling chassis of another fox body. Talking back to the rims, he said this " ... yeah man, I want to put those SVT's on this one once I finished with it and then sell these rims." I looked and just about peed my pants. Wouldn't you believe it, ROH Snypers. I called dibs.



Fronts are 17x8s and the rears are 17x9s.

Tires are going to kill my wallet.



(photo compliments of gtxthunder )

1 comment: